Homeowners who want an exquisite and exclusive product in their home are choosing soapstone countertops due to many good reasons:
- Soapstone does not stain.
- Soapstone counters are not harmed by hot pots, citrus, wine, acids or chemicals.
- The only maintenance recommended, not required, is the mineral oil treatment to enhance the natural darkening process the stone goes through and to ensure the soapstone darkens evenly . Mineral oil is not recommended to protect the soapstone, it does not need protection since it is naturally non porous.
- Cleaning your soapstone tops can be done with any of the common household cleaners, no need to buy special sealants or other “hard to find” often harsh chemicals.
- The cost of soapstone is comparable to other natural stones.
- Soapstone can be offered in a variety of different textures, unlike most other natural stones that are only available with a high polished finish. Some clients like the stone to feel rougher to the touch, others like it a little smoother and some like it in between, we can please all tastes by re- finishing the top of the slabs, at no additional cost.